Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 2- A beach hike

So day 2 found us on the road yet again. (Well every day found us on the road to be honest). After settling in at our motel further down the coast we went hiking along Ninety Mile Beach. Moses was beside himself by this point because the stubborn boy refused to sleep (a common occurrence in our house I'm afraid). He finally succumbed while strapped to his pop. 

 Also, can I just say I'm loving the ERGO. It's awesome.
 I don't know if you can tell from this photo but the current and the waves were going in two different directions here.
Moses was NOT a happy camper when he woke up from his nap and did NOT want to be in the carrier for one second longer and did NOT want his father to hold him. Unfortunately, we still had to walk over 45 minutes back to our motel and, awesome mom that I am, I totally forgot bring him a hoodie . So I got to carry him, wrapped up in my hoodie, the whole way back. Moses is definitely NOT a featherweight. He was sobbing uncontrollably seconds before his photo was taken. Cheeky little bugger. 
**Saw these trees on our drive that day. There had been a bush fire but the trees seemed to have sprung back to life and were literally fuzzy with new growth.**

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

I love our Ergo, too. Why didn't I know about them with my older kids?

Moses is a cutie!