Saturday, February 06, 2010

Fifty-five days !!!!

There are only 55 days left until our wedding. 55 days! That combined with inherently slow delivery of online shopping spoils should be stressing me out. Amazingly it is not. We actually head to Switzerland next weekend to get the big things settled. Planning a wedding in another country is a little more complicated, especially when you don't speak the language of said country. However, having a fantastic boyfriend (I have a weird unexplainable dislike of the word fiancé and try to avoid using it) who does, is extremely useful. But I like the advantage of a small wedding with just parents, siblings, a best cousin, and a handful of friends. Its more koselig (doesn't translate well into English but a fantastic norwegian word that means a combination of cosy, nice, intimate etc), less stressful and more fun because we'll actually get to hang out with everyone. However Andreas and I both come from big families with lots of siblings so small isn't necessarily the right word but you know what I mean. Its gonna be great, I can feel it.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

The only downside to all this wonderful story has to tell is that we can't be there on the big day.

So we are counting on you - or someone you designate - to give us a detailed account of all the festivities!!

We are deliriously happy for you - this should be a book - or a movie - or a mini-series!!