My mother is probably the most patient person I know. And I'm not exaggerating here for the sake of Mother's Day. I remember when I was growing up we always had chores to do on Saturdays. My mom would check our work, explain to us what we did wrong, and then make us do it again (and again and again). Now as an adult I realize it would have been much MUCH easier for her to just do it herself. Not to mention less annoying. But she was teaching us how to do a job and do it right. Now I'm thankful for that lesson.
My mother passed down to me her love of books. What an amazing gift to share with a child.
When I was in college I remember my mom telling me to be selfish. She explained, probably after seeing my very confused expression, that once I had a family of my own, I could never be selfish again. My mother selflessly raised nine children.
My mother has always supported me, been there for me, and expressed her love for me.
Thank you mom. Thank you for being you. And thank you for being such a great example of motherhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment