I finally got the pictures from our replacement disposable camera. Not that impressed honestly. It probably didn't help that the only camera we could find was an underwater one. But I loved the Snowies and I'm glad that I was able to take some pictures even after the sad demise of our camera right before the end of our Australian road trip.
We drove through the Snowies for two days before it occurred to us to buy a disposable camera so I only have pictures from the last day. We hiked up Mount Kosciuszko. The tallest mountain in all of Australia mind you. Yes its only 2,228 meters (7308 feet) and it only took us a few hours but still- impressive right?The Snowy Mountains are so beautiful. I wish we could have spent more time there but we had to get back to Canberra in a hurry. Andreas had to grade final exams. It was colder up there then we thought it would be. The wind had a vicious bite. If you look closely you can see Moses' little feet peeking out. Andreas wore his raincoat over him in the carrier to kept the wind off. Moses actually slept almost the whole way and that's the only way it could have worked. If he'd been awake he would definitely not have appreciated his view being so cruelly blocked.
Here I am at the summit. We met this nice Canadian couple up at the top that, after learning I was from Utah, commented that only a Utah girl would climb the tallest peak in Australia in jeans and running shoes (they were decked out in full hiking gear). Not sure if that was a compliment or not. But even without fancy gear, and with a baby strapped to our backs, we beat them to the top.
So there you have it. The last blog entry from our epic road trip. Well as epic as a road trip can get with a 8 month old baby that believes carseats are torture devices.
1 comment:
jealous that looks amazing
Post a Comment