Monday, December 05, 2011

Day 5- The Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles

 Day 5 we drove along the Great Ocean Road. Pictures don't do it justice.
 We ended our drive at the Twelves Apostles- limestone rock stacks in Victoria. Interestingly enough, the formations used to be called Sow and Piglets until 1922 when it was changed to its current name for tourism purposes. Even more interesting is that there were only 9 stacks at the time (and erosion has claimed another one since) so the title is a bit misleading. 
 Regardless, they are beautiful. 
Then tragedy struck. This is the last photo I took. The camera just up and died on me. It didn't even occur to us to buy a disposable one for two more days. We still have to get it developed. So for now my  report of our roadtrip is finished. Stay tuned for the snowy mountains. 

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Hes I am obsessed with Moses's hat. Where can I find one for Lars?

Take your time...I won't need it until spring. :P