Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weekend in Stockholm


Regardless of the fact that I'd spent the entire last week sick as a dog and home from work I wisely did not cancel my planned weekend jaunt to Sweden. I say wisely because come on, who doesn't love Stockholm? That and I woke up Saturday morning in my super fancy hostel feeling great (for the first time in over a week). I credit my miraculous recovery to the fact that its warmer there. I was finally able to make it to the temple (after 2 previous failed attempts over the last 7 months) and that was really the entire purpose of the trip. That and Soulnite. Soulnite is yet another of the many YSA activities in Scandinavia, you gotta love it. Basically its just a huge dance and an excuse for all us sad unmarried people to find true love.   I have to say, Scandinavian YSA dances are head over heals much more exciting than ones in the US. 


**On our way to the dance**

**The mustache. Its Mo-vember: Male depression and prostate cancer awareness month. Apparently you are supposed to grow a mustache to show solidarity. I think Andreas just likes to look like a player from the '70s but to each his own. We have to go to the Marine Ball this Saturday so unfortunately it has to go. I'm all broken up about it let me tell you**

3 comments:

grannybabs said...

Hmm - sick all week, but well enough to party??

Glad you got to go!!

grannybabs said...

P.S. I am a fan of mustaches!

Earl and Vickie said...

I have to say Vickie is a fan of mustaches too. (personally I'd cut the thing off, but she threatens to leave me, well, maybe not quite THAT bad, but still....)