So, in Norway, the 17th of May is Constitution Day. In 1814 Norway signed its first constitution although they were in a "union" with Sweden at the time. Norway did not gain full independence until 1905. Nevertheless, the 17th of May is a big deal here. All the children of Oslo parade through the streets. Everyone wears their national dress. And Sunday was the first day that it was warm of sunny since I arrived a month ago (its back to rainy and cold).
At the parade! We had a great spot, right in from on the palace.
4 comments:
How come everyone has wonderful "national dress" and we have, well, what do we have?
Looks great!!
I'd say America's "national dress" would be of the pioneers and Indians sort.
So--I love the bonnet but why didn't you mention the trumpet?? That's my favorite part!!
National dress around here you would think was those pants they wear down around their knees, showing their boxers up above (hopefully....)
Wow!
(Love the pictures)
Post a Comment